In compliance with the Department of Health and Australian Government directives in response to the global COVID-19 crisis, Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages has implemented the following procedures and practices, and completed the applicable training to help keep you and your family safe, and aid in preventing the spread of coronavirus and other infectious illness within our community. Balingup Heights is a Tourism Council of WA Accredited COVID-Clean Practising Business. In addition, Balingup Heights has completed a COVID-19 Business Safety Plan, Deb and Brian have completed the AHA-Hygiene Officer Training. Balingup staff and contractors have been briefed on the Balingup Heights COVID Policies, Procedures and Safety Plan and have met the WA Government’s current vaccination mandate. We will work as a team to help keep you and your family safe.
Hygiene and Well Being
- On your arrival, during your stay and on departure, we will:
- practice social distancing,
- refrain from hand shaking and ‘cheek kissing’,
- encourage the wearing of face masks when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- All staff, contractors and guests will adhere to any government mandates in relation to mask wearing.
- Hand sanitisers and disinfectant spray has been placed in each of the Cottages.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation is being carried out in all Cottages prior to your arrival:
– all surfaces, door handles, taps, electrical switches, tables, chairs and surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant.
- Staff and Contractors will practise good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene,
- Balingup Heights ‘Farm Animal Feeding’ session:
- due to the nature of this activity, all participants over the age of 12 years are required to wear a mask and be fully vaccinated,
- guests who are experiencing any flu like symptoms are asked to refrain from joining in,
- family members who are staying with a family member or friend who is experiencing any flu like symptoms are asked to refrain from joining,
- the ‘Guinea Pig’ enclosure requires close contact between guests and for this reason, alternative ‘self-guided guinea pig feeding’ arrangements may be required for guests.
- Balingup Heights staff and Contractors who are experiencing any flu-like symptoms have been asked to stay at home, seek medical attention and self-isolate for 14 days if required.
- If you are visiting Balingup Heights Hilltop Forest Cottages and have travelled from a country or region that is at higher risk for COVID-19, or think you may have been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, special restrictions apply to you. This information sheet should be read in conjunction with the ‘What you need to know’ and ‘Isolation guidance’ information sheets at health.gov.au. Go to www.health.gov.au/covid19-travellers for the current list of higher risk countries.
- Balingup Heights Reception is contactable by phone 24-7 – Ph: 9764 1283 if assistance is required.
We can assist in contacting a local doctor or medical centre equipped to deal with coronavirus. The doctor will liaise with public health authorities to manage your care.
Thanks for your care and consideration and we wish you and your family all the best of health.